Skip to Content
Wallace Pierce Law Wallace Pierce Law
Call Us Today! 919-887-7892

What Should I Do After A Durham Car Accident?


If you have been injured in a Durham car accident due to someone else’s negligence, it is extremely important to consult with a Durham Personal Injury Lawyer. Wallace Pierce Law has the resources and experience to assist you and your family through this traumatic time.

When deciding whether to pursue a personal injury case for the injuries you received, consider discussing your case with the Durham Personal Injury Lawyers at Wallace Pierce Law. After an accident, your injuries could linger long after your car has been repaired at the body shop. Here are some simple steps to consider after your accident:

Seek Medical Treatment
If you have been injured in an accident, the most important thing you can do is to seek immediate medical attention. You’re unlikely to know how seriously injured you are until you have sought medical treatment. Once you have received medical treatment, be sure to follow the doctors instructions. If your pain continues or worsens, go back to the doctor for your personal injuries.

Gather Evidence
If you have been injured in a personal injury accident, take photographs of your injuries and wounds. Photograph the vehicles involved and the damage to the vehicles. If it is safe, photograph the position of the vehicles, if you are able. Moreover, document any statements made by the other driver and gather all contact information for any witnesses to the accident. It can be helpful to create a folder or file to keep any and all medicine bills, receipts, and other physical evidence that might be useful in aiding in your recovery or compensation.

Describe Your Accident
Take a moment to draw and/or describe in writing exactly how the accident happened. Ensure that you describe the manner in which you were driving as well as the other driver, what lanes of travel were involved, number of passengers, make and model of vehicles, speed and distance traveled, and any other relevant factors in your accident.

Request the Police Report
If no police report was create or you did not get a copy at the scene of the wreck, you may be able to request that a report from the local police department made or file a report. This can be very complicated and the attorneys at Wallace Pierce Law would be more than happy to assist you with either.

Contact Wallace Pierce Law
Getting you what you deserve is the most important thing for our Durham Personal Injury Lawyer. Call us today at (919)313-2729 or complete a free initial consultation form.

Share To: